New Student Checklist
Before the Semester Begins
- Access and explore your personalized student portal by logging in to byupathway.org/sign-in.
- Bookmark or save this link to easily access your BYU-Pathway Portal in the future.
- From the BYU-Pathway Portal, you can find contact information for your service missionaries, access your online courses (when available), pay tuition, and more.
- If you don’t already have Microsoft Office on your computer, download and install a free copy from your student portal. PathwayConnect courses require the use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, so be sure these programs are installed and working properly before the first day of the semester.
- View and practice each section of the I-Learn Canvas tutorial video. This tutorial will show you how to access your courses and how to navigate to course materials, assignments, quizzes, and more.
- The tutorial will take approximately an hour or more to complete, but you can leave the tutorial, if needed, and return to complete it later.
- An important part of the PathwayConnect experience are the online religion courses or credit-bearing institute courses. Students take one religion/institute class each of the three terms they are enrolled. These religion credits are required and count toward a degree from BYU-Idaho or Ensign College. If you have questions about institute in your area or available religion courses, please contact your service missionaries.
Students Gathering Virtually
- If you are a student gathering virtually (most are due to COVID-19), you will experience the same curriculum and coursework as other students in PathwayConnect. The only difference is that your weekly gatherings will be held via videoconference (Zoom) rather than in person.
- Sign in to byupathway.org/sign-in. On the left side of your student portal under “My Gathering Place,” you can find your:
- Gathering day and time
- Gathering Zoom link
- To gather virtually, you must have:
- A phone, laptop, or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone, as well as a headset or headphones
- Regular access to high-speed internet
- A quiet area with good lighting
- For more information about how to have a positive gathering experience, please review these Virtual Gathering Guidelines.
- We also recommend you do a Zoom test call on your device before your first virtual gathering. Contact BYU-Pathway Support with additional questions or issues.
First Week of the Semester
- The semester officially begins on Monday, September 13, 2021.
- To access your courses, log in to your BYU-Pathway Portal at byupathway.org/sign-in and select your courses in the upper right corner. See the Quick Start Guide for additional instructions.
- Your courses should be available on Saturday, September 11.
All students in PathwayConnect participate in weekly academic gatherings. Most students participate in institute classes, while some participate in a religion class. To see which course you will participate in, log in to your BYU-Pathway Portal at byupathway.org/sign-in.
- Academic Gathering
- Academic gatherings will start the week of September 13. As the semester approaches, please regularly check your portal for details about your gathering day, time, and location, or contact your service missionaries.
- Religion Gathering
- Your weekly institute or religion gathering will typically begin the same week as your academic gathering. Please contact your service missionaries with questions about your religion gathering.
- Tuition is due on or before the first day of the semester on September 13, 2021.
- If you cannot pay your entire tuition by September 13, you can still continue PathwayConnect. You can make monthly payments throughout the semester, but you will be charged an additional one-time 5% fee on Tuesday, December 14, at 11:59 p.m. (Mountain Time), on any remaining balance.
- Your tuition for the current semester must be paid in full before you can register for future semesters of PathwayConnect or an online degree program from BYU-Idaho or Ensign College.
Check Your Email Regularly
- Email is the official method of communication for BYU-Pathway students. Be sure to check your email regularly for important information and announcements from BYU-Pathway Worldwide or BYU-Pathway Support.