Sign Up / Find a Partner
Ready to improve the life of a PathwayConnect student by volunteering for just 30 minutes each week as a speaking partner mentor?
Sign up as a Mentor
- Speak English fluently
- Be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, a BYU-Idaho student, or a PathwayConnect student
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Participate in a 30-minute appointment once a week for 12 consecutive weeks.
Sign Up as a Volunteer
- Signing up is simple!
- Complete Registration Form and Select Availability:
Please see the page to complete a volunteer registration form.
- Speaking partner meetings begin the second week of every semester and last through the last week of the semester:
FALL mid September-late December
WINTER mid January-mid April
SPRING late April-late July
L Version Students: Finding a Partner
At the beginning of each new semester, students enrolled in PathwayConnect’s L version courses will select a speaking partner mentor that matches their availability. Mentors will receive an email asking them to accept the request. Once a mentor confirms, contact information is released to both parties, and the speaking partner learns and mentors can begin meeting each week.
Watch the video below to learn more about the speaking partner matching process.