12.4 Communication Resources
BYU-Pathway Worldwide’s communication efforts are intended to a) clearly inform key audiences regarding pertinent program information, updates, policies, and administrative procedures; b) educate Church members and priesthood leaders on the blessings and benefits of BYU-Pathway; and c) reflect the inspiring stories of students and other constituents.
The BYU-Pathway Newsroom publishes news articles to a) help build the reputation and mission of BYU-Pathway and b) distribute important information to the public.
Blogs offer a unique opportunity to present a more human side to BYU-Pathway Worldwide. By nature, blogs are more casual and allow for greater flexibility and creativity with content. The BYU-Pathway Worldwide blog, The Pathway Compass, contains articles written or solicited by the BYU-Pathway communication team.
BYU-Pathway Worldwide uses social media to connect with audiences by sharing inspiring and engaging content.
- Facebook: BYU-Pathway Worldwide; www.facebook.com/BYUPathway
- Twitter: @BYUPathwayWorld
- Instagram: byupathwayworldwide
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/school/pathway-lds
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/BYUPathwayWorldwide
In most areas, individual Pathway locations may create unofficial social media pages for their site or group. Owners of these pages should comply with the following guidelines:
- Include the disclaimer: “This page is not endorsed or supported by BYU-Pathway Worldwide.”
- Neither the BYU-Pathway Worldwide nor the BYU-Idaho logo may be used or imitated.
- The name and contact information of the member who is responsible for the page should be included in the page or group description.
- Page or group admins should not state or imply that their page or activities are sponsored or endorsed by BYU-Pathway.
- Photographs of other individuals or personal information about them should not be displayed without their written consent.
- If you have created a page or group for your students or area, please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can place it in our records.
BYU-Pathway Worldwide creates and has made available many promotional videos for the program. These videos may be found on the BYU-Pathway Newsroom website.
On some occasions, individual Pathway sites may desire to create unofficial videos for their site or group to celebrate and promote BYU-Pathway locally. These videos should comply with the following guidelines:
- Focus on students’ personal experiences in BYU-Pathway. Do not explain how programs work or how they operate — official BYU-Pathway videos are to be used for those purposes.
- Include this disclaimer within the video: “This video is not endorsed or supported by BYU-Pathway Worldwide.”
- Do not use or imitate any official marks, including the logos of BYU-Pathway Worldwide, PathwayConnect, or BYU-Idaho.
- Avoid using official BYU-Pathway colors.
- Include the name and contact information of the person who is responsible for the video.
- Do not state or imply that the video or opinions expressed therein are sponsored or endorsed by BYU-Pathway.
- Obtain written consent to use the images and/or personal information for all individuals in the video.
- Obtain approval from facilities managers when filming in Church-owned facilities.
- Use professional judgment in creating any materials that reflect on the Church, BYU-Idaho, or BYU-Pathway.