6.5 Confidentiality of Student Records
All individuals who have access to student records have a responsibility to maintain and protect the confidentiality of student information.
FERPA protects the privacy of student records. Protected information that is available to missionaries and PathwayConnect employees includes:
- Test Scores
- Graded assignments
- Attendance and participation in specific courses
This information may not be shared with other students, parents, spouses, or ecclesiastical leaders, but it may be shared with other PathwayConnect missionaries or employees in the process of fulfilling responsibilities. Any documentation containing protected student information should be safeguarded. Printed documents should be destroyed, including results from English language assessments.
Directory Information The following information is considered directory information and may be made public, unless restricted by the student. Any information not found in the list below is considered private, and under FERPA law should not be shared.
- Student name
- Home and local addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Dates of attendance (current and past)
- Major field of study
- Degrees and awards received
- Previous educational institutions attended
- Graduation date
- Current class schedule
- Number of months/semesters enrolled
- Class standing (freshman, sophomore, etc.)
- Enrollment status (full-time, part-time, less than half time)
- Deferred registration eligibility